Benefits of IRHA Insurance
Key features of Iran Travel Health Insurance
REQUEST IRAN TRAVEL HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY
Iran Travel Health Insurance premium price per person based on stay duration in Iran :
An admin fee of € 5/person will be added to the above amounts.
A. The services subject to this contract shall be extended only to visitors whose sojourn in the Islamic Republic of Iran lasts less than 92 consecutive days.
B. The insured’s commitments do not cover the medical costs borne, directly or indirectly, by the insured without prior notification and consent of Bimeh Iran (subject of Insured’s Commitments).
C. Other Exclusions: The commitments of the insurer subject to this contract are also excluded from the cases as follows:
1. Conditions caused by traveling for energy therapy.
2. Side-effects of the treatments undergone in the insured’s country of residence.
3. Side-effects of preventive measures and vaccinations.
4. Side-effects of physiotherapy, sun therapy, cosmetic and mineral therapy.
5. Effects of existing diseases, resurgence of chronic diseases or perpetuation of conditions for which the insured consciously receive treatments. Convalescence is regarded as part of the illness period.
6. Conditions caused by war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, civil war, rebellion, alien adversary actions, hostile operations (with or without a declared war), insurgency and terrorist operations.
7. Conditions caused by deliberate self-inflicted injuries or participation in criminal acts.
8. Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in professional betting, horse racing, cycling and any other sort of motoring competitions or shows.
9. Conditions caused by participation of the insured to a fight, except in case of self-defense.
10. Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in professional athletic exercise or in order to train or take part in official competition or exhibition.
11. Conditions caused by the radioactive material disintegration or contamination caused by nuclear fuel or radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties or conditions created, directly or indirectly by any explosive nuclear installation or nuclear phenomena.
12. Conditions arising out of any chronic or prolonged disease or illness of which the insured is aware or which was being treated prior to the commencement of the insurance coverage instigating the insured or his/her representatives applying for aid from Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.).
13. Conditions caused by pregnancy within three months of the expected date of delivery or upon voluntary abortion.
14. Conditions caused by psychological illness or mental derangement.
15. Conditions caused by total or partial effects of alcoholic beverages, psychotropic and narcotic drugs consumption, other than drugs being prescribed and consumed with treatment directed by a qualified registered physician.
16. Conditions caused by death, bodily injuries or disease due to suicide or attempt of same.
17. Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in professional rallies and competitions, official or organized sports and contests, mountaineering (requiring ropes and guides), cave exploration, scuba diving, winter sports, aeronautics or any form of aerial flight, excluding the cases when the insured flies as a fare paying passenger of an authorized and licensed airline, owned and operated by a commercial company.
18. Accidents caused by hard and hazardous labor, such as construction works.
19. Congenital and related diseases and disorders.
General Terms & Conditions
1. Insured : All foreign nationals visiting the Islamic Republic of Iran, individually or collectively, pilgrimage or other purposes.
Note: The services covered by this policy shall be extended to the insured, individually or collectively, subject to compatibility of the recorded personal details in the policy with those registered in his/her passport.
2. Bodily injuries : The injuries caused by spontaneous, sudden, external and visible factors except illnesses, after the insured’s arrival in Iran instigating his/her own or his/her agent’s application for aid or assistance.
3. Disease : Sudden and unpredictable conditions being contracted, started and originated after the insured’s arrival in Iran, causing his/her own or his/her agent’s application for aid or assistance.
4. Loss : Any incident leading to supply of the services subject to this policy.
5. Dependents : Insured’s father, mother, children, wife, brothers and sisters.
6. Serious Medical Cause : Bodily injury or disease jeopardizing the insured’s good health
7. Euro: The current monetary unit of the European Union.
8. Franchise: The portion of medical expenses borne directly by the insured
Scope of Coverage : The benefits stipulated in the benefits section apply throughout the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Duration of Coverage : The services specified in this contract shall continue solely in Iran for a maximum duration of 92 consecutive days.
Statute of Limitation : The claims pertaining to this coverage shall be subject to the statute of limitations two years after the date of the due incidents causing such claims.
Subrogation : Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.) shall subrogate the insured for his/her claims against anyone being liable for the incidents leading to the losses mentioned in the benefits lists, up to the amount of the borne expenses or the paid indemnities. Should all or part of the services rendered by Bimeh Iran be covered by a separate scheme, this company shall be subrogated to the rights and causes of action of the insured against said schemes.
A. General Procedure
1. Application for aid:
In emergency cases the insured is required to contact the nearest 24-hours-a-day aid center of Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.), prior to any personal initiative, to provide them with the following:
1 – 1 – Full name of the insured, number and validity period of concerned policy.
1 – 2 – Insured’s address of residence in the Islamic Republic of Iran along with his/her phone or mobile number.
1 – 3 – Brief description of the accident or diseases and the type of the needed assistance.
2. Timely contact with Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.):
a. Notifications of claims: Claims shall be notified not later than 72 hours after the beginning of hospitalization or medical consultations. The claims that are notified after the lapse of the above-mentioned time-limit shall be null and void.
b. The cases encountered with fatal conditions: Notwithstanding the above article and the content of this contract, should the insured or his/her agent be encountered with fatal conditions, arrangements must be made for their immediate transfer to the nearest hospital followed by reporting the case to Bimeh Iran at the earliest possible opportunity. In such cases notification to Bimeh Iran shall not exceed 48 hours after the emergence of the fatal disease or occurrence of the accident. Failure to comply with this instruction may authorize Bimeh Iran to claim the costs incurred for such delay by the insured.
B. General Conditions
1. Restriction: Upon the occurrence of loss, the insured shall take all required measures to limit or stop the further expansion of its effects and repercussions.
2. Recovery: In appropriate cases, the insured shall furnish Bimeh Iran (Iran Insurance Co.) with all the documents and proceedings in order to enable the latter to recover the losses from the relevant sources.